The Yoshi franchise is a spin-off of the Mario franchise created by Nintendo. Yoshi made his first appearance in the game Super Mario World for the SNES in 1990. The Yoshi franchise consist of two main branches, the platformer series, and the short lived puzzle series. The plot generally consists of the Yoshis protecting their island or relics from a looming evil threat, often Kamek or a form of Bowser. As of December 2020, the Yoshi franchise has sold over 28.53 million copies worldwide.
|1995||SNES||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island||4.12|||
|2002||GBA||Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island||2.83|||
|2005||DS||Yoshi Touch & Go||0.526*|||
|2006||DS||Yoshi's Island DS||3.36|||
|2014||3DS||Yoshi's New Island||2.04|||
|2015||Wii U||Yoshi's Woolly World||1.57|||
|2017||3DS||Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World||0.55*|||
|2019||Switch||Yoshi's Crafted World||2.56|||
- * include VGChartz numbers
- Yoshi Topsy-Turvy - 0.261 (JPN) [Famitsu], 0.35 (NA/EU) [VGChartz]
- Yoshi Touch & Go - 0.197 (JPN) [Famitsu], 0.279 (NA) [NPD], 0.05 (EU/Other) [VGChartz]
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS both sold over a million in Japan alone.
- Both versions of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island are also classified as Mario games.
- Yoshi's Cookie got a Japan-only edition for the SNES called Yoshi no Cookie: Kuruppon Oven de Cookie in 1994. It was developed by National Human Electronics to promote their new Kuruppon oven. Only 500 copies of the game were ever produced.
- Tetris Attack is only branded as part of the Yoshi franchise in the west. In Japan, it is known as Panel de Pon.
- Nintendo software and hardware sales data from 1983 to present, Updated as of December 2021
- Games Data Library
- https://www.npd.com/industry-expertise/video-games/ As of July 2011