Super Smash Bros. is a platform fighting game series originally developed by HAL Laboratory and published by Nintendo. The first title released on the Nintendo 64 in 1999. The franchise is a giant crossover of many Nintendo characters and worlds, with the later installments featuring guest characters from other game companies. As of June 2021, the Super Smash Bros. franchise has sold 66 million units worldwide.
|1999||N64||Super Smash Bros.||5.50|||
|2001||GCN||Super Smash Bros. Melee||7.41|||
|2008||Wii||Super Smash Bros. Brawl||13.32|||
|2014||3DS||Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS||9.62|||
|2014||Wii U||Super Smash Bros. for Wii U||5.38|||
|2018||Switch||Super Smash Bros. Ultimate||24.77|||
- Super Smash Bros. is the fifth best selling N64 game of all time.
- Super Smash Bros. is third best selling N64 game in Japan.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee is the best selling GCN game of all time.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee is also the best selling GCN game in Japan, with it selling 1.34 million.
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is the fourth best selling Wii U game of all time.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the third best selling Switch game of all time.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is second best selling Switch game in Japan, with it selling over 3.80 million.
- In general, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the eighth best selling console game in Japan of all time.
|Best selling franchises|
| Mario · Pokémon · FIFA · Grand Theft Auto · Call of Duty · Wii Series · Lego · The Sims · Minecraft · Final Fantasy · Assassin's Creed · Need for Speed · Sonic · Madden NFL · The Legend of Zelda · Star Wars · Resident Evil · Pro Evolution Soccer · Tetris · NBA 2K · (more)
See also: Best selling games · Best selling games worldwide · Highest grossing franchises