Star Fox is a 3D scrolling shooter franchise made by Nintendo. The first game released on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1993. The series revolves around anthropomorphic space pilots defending the Lylat system. The series was notable for being one of the first games using polygonal 3D on console. As of December 2019, the Star Fox franchise has sold over 11.65 million copies worldwide.
|1997||N64||Star Fox 64||4.00|||
|2002||GCN||Star Fox Adventures||1.82|||
|2005||GCN||Star Fox Assault||0.899*|||
|2006||DS||Star Fox Command||0.456*|||
|2011||3DS||Star Fox 64 3D||1.05|||
|2016||Wii U||Star Fox Zero||0.44*|||
|2017||SNES Classic||Star Fox 2||N/A|
- * include VGChartz numbers
- Star Fox Assault - 0.195 (JPN) [Famitsu], 0.494 (NA) [NPD], 0.21 (EU/Other) [VGChartz]
- Star Fox Command - 0.093 (JPN) [Famitsu], 0.313 (NA) [NPD], 0.05 (EU/Other) [VGChartz]
- It took 8 years for Star Fox 64 3D to pass 1 million sales.
- Star Fox Zero came bundled in with Star Fox Guard, a tower defense spin-off.
- According to video game analyst ZHugeEX, Star Fox Zero was not profitable for Nintendo.
- Star Fox 2 was intended to release on the SNES in 1995, but its release was canceled.
- Games Data Library
- https://www.npd.com/products/consumer-tracking/ As of February 2011 for Star Fox Assault, As of July 2011 for Star Fox Command.
- 2020CESAゲーム白書 (2020 CESA Games White Paper). Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association. 2020. ISBN 978-4-902346-42-8.