The yearly sales earnings report (or Consolidated Financial Results) for Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft tell us financially how each company performed, in terms of revenue, profit, console sales, and software sales. Also, each company provides sales forecasts for the subsequent fiscal year. Like most companies, game publishers also provide annual reports detailing their business results.
Note: A fiscal year does not mean January 1 through December 31. That is the calendar year.
- Sony's and Nintendo's fiscal year begins April 1 and ends March 31 of the following year. (e.g. April 1, 2008 through March 31, 2009)
- Microsoft's fiscal year begins July 1 and ends June 30 of the following year. (e.g. July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009)
Microsoft's division, "Entertainment and Devices Division" (EDD) includes: "the Xbox 360 platform (which includes the Microsoft Xbox video game console system, Xbox 360 video games, Xbox Live, and Xbox 360 accessories), PC games, consumer software and hardware products, the Zune digital music and entertainment platform, Mediaroom (our Internet protocol television software), the Windows Mobile software platform, the Windows Embedded device operating system, and Windows Automotive." Sales results cover all those areas of business so Xbox-related revenues and profits may be higher or lower than report says. However, unit sales are always given for their gaming platforms.
Every quarter (3 months), each company posts a quarterly report for their shareholders, and may make adjustments to their previous forecasts.
Shipped vs soldEdit
Prior to Q1 2008 (prior to April 1, 2007), Sony only quoted units shipped to factories, rather than sold to retailers as it does now. Officially, "production shipment units of hardware and software are counted upon shipment of the products from manufacturing bases."
Company sales earningsEdit
- Main article: 2010 fiscal year
- 2005 fiscal year (ending 2005)
- 2006 fiscal year (ending 2006)
- 2007 fiscal year (ending 2007)
- 2008 fiscal year (ending 2008)
- 2009 fiscal year (ending 2009)
- 2010 fiscal year (ending 2010)
- Official fiscal reports
- Nintendo financial reports
- Sony earnings releases
- Microsoft annual financial reports more 
- Sega Sammy
- Game Sales Charts: Financial Reports
- Reload this Page (Sales Age) Earnings time again (Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, UBI)