Video Game Sales Wiki
Advertisement

This the NPD data for May 2018, which covers the sales for United States. The gaming industry generated $685 million[1].

Overall[]

A total of $186 million for Hardware. This is up 26% from May 2017. For software, there was a total of $274 million, down 4% from from 2017. For Accessories, there was a total of $225 million, up 30% from 2017.

The Playstation 4 remains the best-selling console for the year to date with all platforms achieving their highest unit sales for May.

Software sales were slightly down year over year as no new title quite matched up to Injustice 2. State of Decay 2 outperformed its predecessor by almost double. Detroit: Become Human achieved a record for Quantic Dream, achieve 20% more sales in launch month compared to their previous best seller. Nintendo Switch software sales were the highest for a Nintendo platform in May since 2011.

Lists[]

*means no Digital Data

** means no data from certain storefronts such as Battle.net

Overall Top 20[]

  1. State of Decay 2
  2. God of War
  3. Detroit: Become Human
  4. Far Cry 5
  5. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze*
  6. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition*
  8. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
  9. Mario Kart 8*
  10. NBA 2K18
  11. MLB 18: The Show
  12. Call of Duty: WWII
  13. Super Mario Odyssey*
  14. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  15. FIFA 18**
  16. Overwatch**
  17. Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
  18. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
  19. Assassin’s Creed: Origins
  20. Monster Hunter: World

Best Selling Over Last 12 Months[]

  1. Call of Duty: WWII
  2. NBA 2K18
  3. Destiny 2**
  4. Madden NFL 18
  5. Super Mario Odyssey*
  6. Star Wars: Battlefront II**
  7. Far Cry 5
  8. Grand Theft Auto V
  9. Assassin’s Creed: Origins
  10. FIFA 18*

Best Selling 2018 So Far[]

  1. Far Cry 5
  2. God of War 2018
  3. Monster Hunter: World
  4. Call of Duty: WWII
  5. Dragon Ball: Fighterz
  6. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. NBA 2K18
  8. MLB 18: The Show
  9. Mario Kart 8*
  10. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds**

Playstation[]

  1. God of War 2018
  2. Detroit: Become Human
  3. Far Cry 5
  4. MLB 18: The Show
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. FIFA 18
  7. NBA 2K18
  8. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
  9. Call of Duty: WWII
  10. Overwatch

Xbox[]

  1. State of Decay 2
  2. Far Cry 5
  3. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
  4. Grand Theft Auto V
  5. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
  6. Call of Duty: WWII
  7. Overwatch
  8. Sea of Thieves
  9. NBA 2K18
  10. FIFA 18

Switch[]

There is no digital data for Switch games

  1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  2. Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
  3. Mario Kart 8
  4. Super Mario Odyssey
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  6. Splatoon 2
  7. Kirby Star Allies
  8. Labo Toy-Con 01 Variety Kit
  9. Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  10. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Handhelds[]

There is no digital data for 3DS games.

  1. Pokémon: Ultra Sun
  2. Pokémon: Ultra Moon
  3. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
  4. Mario Kart 7
  5. Super Smash Bros.
  6. Detective Pikachu
  7. Super Mario 3D Land
  8. Super Mario Maker
  9. Minecraft
  10. Mario Party: The Top 100

References[]


Advertisement