November and December, in the United States, is the crucial season. Together, the two months can account for nearly half of the sales for the entire year. (2007 example: Nov - $2.63, Dec - $4.82, Year total- $17.94 (7.45/17.94 = 41%)) December alone accounts for over 25 percent of yearly sales.
50% of sales happen in October, November, and December. Consumers buy games in the beginning of the year for no particular reason but to play them, but during the holidays, the primary reason is holidays.
Best Selling Hardware[edit | edit source]
Best Selling Software[edit | edit source]
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - X360 - 2007 - 3.040.000
- Call of Duty: World At War - X360 - 2008 - 2.740.000
- Super Mario Galaxy - Wii - 2007 - 2.520.000
- Gears of War 2 - X360 - 2008 - 2.305.000
- Wii Play - Wii - 2008 - 2.256.000
Note: This article is by far not finished as older NPD data has to be checked.