Video Game Sales Wiki
Advertisement

This the NPD data for April 2018, which covers the sales for United States. The gaming industry generated $823 million[1].

Overall[]

A total of $225 million for Hardware. This is up 15% from April 2017. For software, there was a total of $359 million, up 13% from from 2017. For Accessories, there was a total of $240 million, up 28% from 2017.

The Playstation 4 remains the best-selling console for the month and the year to date by revenue with the Playstation 4 Pro bundle with God of War generating the most revenue. It generated the highest unit sales for a console in April since the Wii in 2009. The Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller also now achieved the record for best-selling gamepad in terms of revenue.

In terms of software sales, the PS4 achieved the highest revenue for any platform in April since tracking began, beating the Xbox 360 in 2008.

Lists[]

*means no Digital Data

** means no data from certain storefronts such as Battle.net

Overall Top 20[]

  1. God of War
  2. Far Cry 5
  3. MLB 18: The Show
  4. Labo Variety Kit
  5. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze*
  6. Mario Kart 8*
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. Call of Duty: WWII
  9. Super Mario Odyssey*
  10. NBA 2K18
  11. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds**
  12. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  13. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  14. Monster Hunter: World
  15. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
  16. A Way Out**
  17. Yakuza 6: The Song Of Life*
  18. Sea Of Thieves
  19. Kirby Star Allies*
  20. FIFA 18**
  21. Labo Toy-Con 02 Robot Kit

Best Selling Over Last 12 Months[]

  1. Call of Duty: WWII
  2. NBA 2K18
  3. Destiny 2**
  4. Madden NFL 18
  5. Super Mario Odyssey*
  6. Star Wars: Battlefront II**
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. Far Cry 5
  9. Assassin’s Creed: Origins
  10. Mario Kart 8*

Best Selling 2018 So Far[]

  1. Far Cry 5
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. God of War
  4. Call of Duty: WWII
  5. Dragon Ball: Fighterz
  6. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. NBA 2K18
  8. MLB 18: The Show
  9. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds**
  10. Mario Kart 8*

Playstation[]

  1. God of War
  2. Far Cry 5
  3. MLB 18: The Show
  4. Yakuza 6: The Song Of Life*
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Call of Duty: WWII
  7. Monster Hunter: World
  8. NBA 2K18
  9. A Way Out
  10. FIFA 18

Xbox[]

  1. Far Cry 5
  2. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
  3. Sea Of Thieves
  4. Call of Duty: WWII
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  7. NBA 2K18
  8. A Way Out
  9. Monster Hunter: World
  10. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege

Switch[]

There is no digital data for Switch games

  1. Labo Toy-Con 01 Variety Kit
  2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  3. Mario Kart 8
  4. Super Mario Odyssey
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  6. Kirby Star Allies
  7. Labo Toy-Con 02 Robot Kit
  8. Splatoon 2
  9. Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  10. Pokken Tournament DX

Handhelds[]

There is no digital data for 3DS games.

  1. Pokémon: Ultra Sun
  2. Pokémon: Ultra Moon
  3. Detective Pikachu
  4. Super Smash Bros.
  5. Mario Kart 7
  6. Super Mario 3D Land
  7. Minecraft
  8. Super Mario Maker
  9. Mario Party: The Top 100
  10. Kirby: Battle Royale

References[]


Advertisement