Mario & Luigi is an RPG spinoff series based on the Mario franchise developed by AlphaDream and published by Nintendo. The first game was released for the Game Boy Advance in 2003. The series is about Mario and Luigi going on wacky adventures in an RPG setting to save the world from unique villains. The series is commonly considered the handheld counterpart to Paper Mario. As of December 2019, the Mario & Luigi series has sold 12.69 million copies worldwide.
|2003||GBA||Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga||2.15|||
|2005||DS||Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time||1.73|||
|2009||DS||Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story||4.56|||
|2013||3DS||Mario & Luigi: Dream Team||2.65|||
|2015||3DS||Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam||1.06|||
|2017||3DS||Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions||0.51*|||
|2018||3DS||Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey||0.034JPN|||
- * include VGChartz numbers
- JPN currently only Japanese sales number available
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey is the worst selling Mario game in over 20 years.
- It is currently the second worst selling Mario game of all time.
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey's commercial failures were major factors in developer AlphaDream going bankrupt in 2019.