Fire Emblem is a long running strategy role-playing franchise developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo. The first game released in 1990 on the Nintendo Entertainment System. The games revolve around tactical movement of sword-wielding characters across grid-based environments. The series was Japan exclusive until 2003 when the series came to the West with the release of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade. Due to poor sales of the series, Fire Emblem Awakening was conceived as the final installment of the franchise. As a result of the record-breaking sales of the game and widespread critical acclaim, the series was allowed to continue. As of December 2020, the Fire Emblem franchise has sold over 16.68 million copies worldwide.
|1990||NES||Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light||0.329|||
|1992||NES||Fire Emblem Gaiden||0.325|||
|1994||SNES||Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem||0.776|||
|1996||SNES||Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War||0.498|||
|1999||SNES||Fire Emblem: Thracia 776||0.158|||
|2002||GBA||Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade||0.346|||
|2003||GBA||Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade||0.848*|||
|2004||GBA||Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones||0.803*|||
|2005||GCN||Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance||0.536*|||
|2007||Wii||Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn||0.408*|||
|2008||DS||Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon||0.526*|||
|2010||DS||Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~||0.251|||
|2012||3DS||Fire Emblem Awakening||2.33|||
|2015||3DS||Fire Emblem Fates||3.03|||
|2017||3DS||Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia||0.75*|||
|2019||Switch||Fire Emblem: Three Houses||3.40|||
|2015||Wii U||Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE||0.33*|||
|2017||Mobile||Fire Emblem Heroes||Free|
|2018||New 3DS/Switch||Fire Emblem Warriors||1.00|||
|2020||Switch||Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore||0.039JPN|||
|2022||Switch||Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes|
- * include VGChartz numbers
- Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade - 0.265 (JPN) [Famitsu], 0.393 (NA) [NPD], 0.19 (EU/Other) [VGChartz]
- Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - 0.247 (JPN) [Famitsu], 0.376 (NA) [NPD], 0.18 (EU/Other) [VGChartz]
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 0.156 (JPN) [Famitsu], 0.38 (NA/EU/Other) [VGChartz]
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - 0.172 (JPN) [Famitsu], 0.176 (NA) [NPD], 0.06 (EU/Other) [VGChartz]
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - 0.252 (JPN) [Famitsu], 0.214 (NA) [NPD], 0.06 (EU/Other) [VGChartz]
- JPN currently only Japanese sales number available
- Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~ was Japan exclusive.
- Fire Emblem Fates was divided into three versions: Birthright and Conquest as physical releases, and Revelation as DLC.
- Of the two physical versions of Fire Emblem Fates, Birthright was the better performer all-around, but Conquest was close behind.
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the best-selling strategy role playing game of all time.
- Fire Emblem Heroes is Nintendo's most successful mobile game excluding Pokémon related titles. As of January 2020, the game has made $656 million in revenue.
- Games Data Library
- https://www.npd.com/products/consumer-tracking/ As of December 2008
- https://www.npd.com/industry-expertise/video-games/ As of July 2011
- Nintendo software and hardware sales data from 1983 to present, Updated as of December 2021