Excite, sometimes referred as Excitebike, is a motocross racing franchise made by Nintendo. It debuted in 1984 in Japan, then released worldwide in 1985 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The games have the player face other characters in dirt racing, usually on motorcycles. The final game in the series was only released digitally on the WiiWare service in 2009. As of December 2014, the Excite franchise has sold 7.23 million copies worldwide.
|2004||GBA||Classic NES Series: Excitebike||0.269*|||
|2009||Wii||Excitebots: Trick Racing||0.26*|||
|2009||WiiWare||Excitebike: World Rally||Unknown|
- * include VGChartz numbers
- Classic NES Series: Excitebike - 0.109 (JPN) [Famitsu], 0.16 (NA/EU/Other) [VGChartz]
- Excite Truck - 0.081 (JPN) [Famitsu], 0.46 (NA/EU/Other) [VGChartz]
- Excitebots: Trick Racing - 0.26 (NA) [VGChartz]
- Excitebike sold 1.57 million in Japan alone.
- Excitebots: Trick Racing was only released physically in North America, was available as a Club Nintendo reward in Japan, and not released at all in PAL regions.
- Games Data Library