Results, surprises and story lines from 2007.
Questions for 2007
- Will Wii continue selling well after a successful launch?
- Will the PS3 pricepoint affect consumer sales?
- How will the format war (HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray) affect console sales for PS3 and Xbox 360?
- Will third-parties embrace the Wii?
- How successful will big releases like Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV be?
- January to June 2008
- July to December 2008
- Halo 3 sells 3.3 million copies in its first 12 days since its September release.
- Sony releases the PSP Slim in September, sparks sales worldwide.
- For one week in November, the Xbox 360 outsells the PlayStation 3 for the first time boosted by its Xbox 360 Elite and strong sales of Ace Combat 6, according to Media Create sales data.
- November sees the release of a White PlayStation 3 in Japan. Along with the release of Dynasty Warriors 6, the PS3 outsells the Wii for the first time since their launches a year ago.
Games that were pushed back to 2008:
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Army of Two
- Dragon Quest IX
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Devil May Cry 4
- In Europe, Wii sold 5.25 million units.
- NPD 2007 in review (United States)
- Media Create 2007 in review (Japan)
- Chart-Track 2007 in review (United Kingdom)
- United States 2007 year in gaming (ArsTechnica)
- UK Games of 2007 - Analysis
- UK Game industry grows 
- Japan 2007 year in gaming analysis
- 2007 best selling games of Japan (Geimin) (English)
- Sweden Top 20 best selling games of 2007